When talking about health, it is essential to know how to stay hydrated. Your choices about what and how much you eat or drink will promote healthy hydration.
The human body is 70% water, so you need to keep your body’s water level at an optimum level to stay hydrated. Proper hydration helps your body function at its best.
How hydrated is your body?
Your urine should indicate your body’s level of hydration. For a properly hydrated body, your urine should appear light yellow or fully clear. Although consistently dark urine isn’t a sign of sickness, you should increase your water intake to prevent dehydration.
What is dehydration?
Simply put, dehydration is a situation in which the body loses more fluids than it takes in. Every day, the body loses water through sweat, urine, stool, and tears.
Implication of dehydration
A dehydrated person can experience several health issues. It can also lead to confusion, dizziness, dry or sticky mouth, pale skin, or sunken eyes.
Why should you stay hydrated?
Your body needs water to continue functioning normally. Your cells, organs, and tissues all depend on water to function. Water regulates body temperature, lubricates your joints for proper movement, and nourishes your overall health.
If you fail to hydrate, you are asking for trouble and possibly severe health issues!
Can you stay hydrated without drinking or eating?
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAE) says 80% of the water we consume is fluid, while the other 20% is from the foods we consume. Ideally, men should have 125 ounces of fluid daily, while women require 90 ounces.
As you can see, you need to eat and drink to stay properly hydrated. However, not all the liquids or foods you consume are hydrating enough.
Instead, you should be asking – what drinks hydrate the most? Experts advise consuming about half your body weight in ounces of water daily; so, you will want the best hydrating sources. I will be sharing tips for staying hydrated without going overboard with food and drink.
Tips for staying hydrated
Staying hydrated is the key to everything your body needs. Whether you aim to lose weight, have healthier skin, or prevent headaches, the following tips show you how to rehydrate fast at home or work.
- Get the right amount of fluid
You need to intake half your body weight in ounces of fluids to have vitality and optimal health.
- Focus on quality sources of hydrating fluid
While water may be readily available for drinking, it may not offer the hydration you need. The best sources are fluid-like fruits and vegetables, milk, and distilled water. Remember, the purer the liquids, the more hydrating they are.
- Eat water
Certain foods have a high fluid content, and they make good quality water to keep you hydrated for a long time. Vegetables like cantaloupe, cucumber, watermelon, and strawberries are good sources of quality fluid for proper hydration.
- Try flavored water
Sometimes we get bored drinking plain water repeatedly, but you can change things up a little by trying different water flavorings. Adding fruits like lemons and strawberries can make a difference in flavor to help you drink more fluids. You can also make smoothies.
- Don’t wait for thirst
Some people wait until they feel thirsty before drinking water. If you take fluid consistently, I bet you will never experience dehydration, no matter the season.
The role of your doctor in keeping hydrated
Your health will thrive with better information. One of the ways you can keep tabs on your health is by seeing your primary health doctor at the right time. Please, don’t wait until dehydration prompts you to see a doctor.
Talking to your doctor in time can help prevent health issues. I know healthcare can be pricey, but you can get the best deal without stressing with a family-friendly primary care physician.
Are you anywhere around the Coachella Valley area? If so, please visit or call the Coachella Valley Direct Primary Care and Schedule a free consultation today.
Coachella Valley Direct Primary Care Physicians, located in Rancho Mirage, California, serves the entire Coachella Valley for all their primary healthcare needs. Offering in-office and virtual appointments. The membership program allows you to have full access without long waiting, high unexpected healthcare costs, and doctors who work with you to help you live the best optimum life possible.
For one low monthly fee, you avoid waiting, office visit fees, and a referral network to all specialists necessary to meet your needs.
Our website – https://coachellavalleydpc.com/
Call us direct 760-642-5549
Serving Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, and Coachella.
The 5 Things You MUST Do When You Get The Flu So You Can Get Healthy & Active
Subscribe to download the free 8-page report.