Whether you are in Coachella Valley or another state, you want to attract and retain high-quality employees as a business owner. But, it can be difficult to achieve in today’s competitive job market. Many businesses are starting to add incentives to try and attract qualified applicants. Can adding health benefits help you attract more qualified applicants? Here’s an in-depth look.
According to the California Health Care Foundation, expenses related to healthcare averaged $12,530 per person, up from $11,462 in 2019. Many employers are adding employee health benefits, such as paid sick days. This makes their businesses more competitive and attracts top candidates.
Some common health benefits that businesses offer include:
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employee assistance programs (EAPs)
- Wellness programs
- Gym memberships
- Mental health benefits
What if you are a small business? Can you still offer health benefits to attract qualified employees? Yes! Direct primary care is a healthcare plan you can offer to receive qualified employees. But first, let us consider the benefits of adding health benefits for your employees.
Advantages of Adding Health Benefits for Your Employees
Providing health and other incentives helps your business in the following ways:
It helps your local business stand out.
Many businesses are starting to add incentives to try and attract qualified applicants. Qualified employees want to work where they are valued. They are more likely to apply to your job post because your job post will stand out from other businesses. When you offer health benefits beyond just compensation, you show employees that you truly value their contributions and care about their well-being.
Boosts productivity and retention rates.
You attract more qualified applicants and boost productivity and retention rates when you provide worker incentives like discounted health plans or flexible spending accounts. When your employees are valued, supported, and well taken care of, they will be more engaged, resulting in better performance.
Promotes a healthy work environment.
When you provide your employees with health benefits and other worker incentives, you attract top talent and create a healthier work environment for everyone. By offering and encouraging healthy activities, you can help your employees take control of their health and reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases.
As a local employer, you and your employee can get tax savings depending on the type of health plan you offer. You can benefit from health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs) which are tax-free for small employers. At the same time, your employees will be spared from income tax, given they have insurance policy coverage that meets minimum essential coverage requirements.
Managing Company Healthcare Costs with Direct Primary Care
As a small business owner in Coachella Valley, Direct Primary Care (DPC) can help you manage your employee’s healthcare costs. DPC provides patients with unlimited access to primary care for an affordable flat monthly fee making it manageable. DPC avoids insurance claims because no insurance is needed, so your employees don’t have to worry about health insurance or deductibles. Your employees also get direct primary care physicians who manage their healthcare and provide customized care plans, reducing the risk of costly hospitalizations or emergency room visits.
Why Direct Primary Care Can be a Good Fit for Your Small Business
There are many reasons why DPC makes sense for your small business, including the following:
- Lower costs. The flat monthly fee makes it easy to budget and manage healthcare spending, especially if several employees are enrolled in DPC.
- Improved employee satisfaction. Because of the high level of personalized care DPC physicians provide, your employees can feel valued and supported, which can help boost worker morale.
- It helps attract top talent. Offering DPC as an employee incentive is an effective way to attract top applicants because it shows that you are committed to employee well-being and creating a healthier work environment.
- Access to cutting-edge technology. The DPC model relies on the latest digital tools and platforms, helping employees manage their health more efficiently and reducing the paperwork. Overall, adding worker incentives like DPC can help you attract top talent and improve productivity and retention rates while promoting a healthy work environment.
- Healthy workplace culture. By providing worker incentives like DPC, you can foster a healthier work culture focused on employee engagement and well-being. Investing in your employees and supporting their overall well-being will make them feel that you value them as individuals and not only as employees. Workplace culture is crucial as it increases productivity, curbs absenteeism, and reduces turnover rates.
Adding worker incentives like DPC can be a great way to attract top talent. It improves retention rates and promotes a healthier work environment. When you invest in your employees and create a supportive work culture, you are also investing in the long-term success of your business. If you are interested in learning more about DPC and worker incentives, contact us today. We will be happy to be part of your team!
Coachella Valley Direct Primary Care Physicians
Coachella Valley Direct Primary Care Physicians, located in Rancho Mirage, California, and serving the entire Coachella Valley, for all their primary healthcare needs. Offering in-office and virtual appointments. The membership program allows you to have full access without long waiting, high unexpected healthcare costs, and doctors who work with you to help you live the best optimum life possible.
For one low monthly fee, you avoid waiting, office visit fees, and a referral network to all specialists necessary to meet your needs.
Our website – https://coachellavalleydpc.com/
Call us direct at 760-642-5549